This exercise will provide us with an initial gauge of your programming skills, and more importantly, your overall software development craftsmanship. It's not meant to be long or tricky or complicated. It's not timed, so you can take as long as you need.
In a language of your choice, parse the following set of three input files found on the page linked below:
and produce the following output:
What you will be graded on
- Correct Output
- Unit testing (output and input)
- Object Oriented Design Principles / Clean design
- Ability to follow these instructions
Include / Don't Include
- Please include a README file that describes how to build and run the application and its tests.
- Your program may only use the standard libraries which accompany your chosen language’s runtime, with the following exceptions:
- You may also use a build tool (e.g. Ant, nmake, maven, gulp, rake, etc.) to build your project.
- No other external libraries may be used.
- If you use a build tool to build your project, please include the build file as well.
- Your program should be runnable from the command line.
- If you think the test or instructions could be improved, we welcome your feedback
Solutions should be submitted using the upload link you received via email. If you did not receive an email with this link, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your solution should be sent in a zip archive.
Questions and comments should be sent to us at email@example.com